Ideas are a dime a dozen, but breakthrough ideas that improve business performance are priceless. In this day-long Tuesday hackathon three teams will compete to hack into a hot industry issue. Teams will present their solutions on Wednesday morning but only one will be crowned the PCMA hacking champ, having developed a breakthrough idea to further our industry.
Each member of the winning team will receive cash prize of $500USD. Each member of the non-winning teams will receive $50USD.
Why should you participate?
- The opportunity to collaborate and put Mondayâ€™s EduCon knowledge to use in a different, more intimate setting and learn from fellow change makers
- The opportunity to help move the industry forward
- Youâ€™ll gain recognition amongst your peers in the industry
- A chance to win a great prize
How does it work?
- A short advance applicationÂ is required â€“ the application deadline is Wednesday May 24.
- Teams will consist of 3 planners and 2 suppliers
- Teams will be notified the week before the conference and you will be recognized during the Main Stage session on Sunday, June 11
- The topic/Industry challenge will be revealed during Sundayâ€™s Main Stage session
What can you expect?
- Tuesday morning will begin with a 30 minute moderated session (after main stage session) to discuss the process, challenge, rules, format, etc.
- Each team will be provided with a designated work area and work all day on their proposed solution (3 hours total during concurrent session programming).
- Reports, or pitches from each team will be presented Wednesday morning just before the main stage presentation and will be judged by audience voting.
- The winning solution and the winning team members will be publicized through a variety of channels.